Eid-ul-Fitr Celebration! My Way

Firni

Eid-ul- Fitr is one of the most important religious events for Muslims. It translates as " the event of breaking fast". After fasting for whole month of Ramadan, we celebrate this day on 1st of Shawwal. This day is not just an Islamic occasion rather a day gifted by Allah to all Muslims throughout the world.
Like every year I celebrate this day with my family and friends. I still remember the time as a child, when we used to celebrate Eid with so much excitement. We used to be excited for every little thing related to Eid. Chaand Raat was like a wish come true. The night full of lights, luminosity and dazzle. Back in Pakistan, we still have those memories alive but being a Perdesi is sometimes very tough. We still have gorgeous night markets full of Eid stuff, stalls of bangles, shoes, henna with henna prints, Eid cards and what not...
We had childhood full of good memories but how often do we revive those moments.? I think our children should have to see the same fun time which will make their Eid memories more joyful? This is a question which knocks almost everyone's head when it comes to such occasions. As a parent i try my best to revive this day for my children as much as i can.

Before the Ramadan ends, i try my best to pay all the obligatory Zakat. This makes my Eid even more cheerful when i know i am on right track Alhumdulilla!

My Eid preparation starts with selection of clothing for me and my family. As always it has been a toughest task of all. Every year trend changes and I work so hard to get the stuff I want (big laugh).
Last year there was a craze of thread work trousers and kundan khussas. Alhumdulliah I managed to find one for myself.
Eid is all about how you feel about it. Yes! for me Eid is the best day of the year. This day I'm ready to forget the stress of other 364 days. I feel problems and hardships are part of life and will only end with us but at least one day we should come out of that zone and LIVE!
My happiness is incomplete if my Eid preparation is incomplete. And that is why I make it a big deal :)

Thread Work Trousers

Kundan Khussa


As the last few day approaches, the schedule is even more tight as these last Ramadan nights are the sacred nights. We try to spend most of the time in Ibadat. On the other hand I gather some craft material for my kids to make some Eid decoration and cards.

From the very beginning of Ramadan, there are several Ramadan Night Markets being held. These markets are good to get everything in one place. Last year I was hunting for few fancy clutch bags and found quite a lot actually.


Fancy Hand Bag

Fancy Hand Bag

Fancy Hand Bags in Dubai

Fancy Hand Bag in Sharjah

Fancy Hand Bags in Max

Fancy Hand Bag in Sharjah


There they had some yummy food stalls with all our street food delicacies.

Chand Raat in Dubai



My kiddo got some bangles, shoes and jewelry from there.

Bangles




Then we have a henna session and apply henna on each others hands. Kids are the most excited people at home and they literally reminds you of putting henna after every hour that day.

Henna Application

We put henna on each others hand which is a fun filled time with loads of  laughter.

Kids Henna Designs

Kids Henna Designs

Kids Henna Designs

Kids Henna Designs




Before applying henna on my hands, I make my dessert ready for the morning. Every year I try to make something different. Here are few of my Eid desserts.

SHEER
For recipe click here




Sheer


Eid Special Sheer Khurma

Sheer


Lab-e-Sheere
For recipe click here


Lab-e-Sheere

Cream Rolls
For recipe click here


Cream Rolls


Pasta Custard
For recipe click here


Pasta Custard


Rainbow Dessert
For recipe click here


Jelly Dessert

Mukhaddi Halwa
For recipe click here



Mukhaddi Halwa


Gulab Jamun
For recipe click here


Gulab Jamun

As Eid is all about meeting friends and having guests at home , so food preparation is another task on chand Raat. Most of the chores are done at night so the Eid day can be availed maximum.
I make some traditional dishes like Biryani, Kofte, Korma with other delicacies.
Here are some of my Eid Lunch recipes.

Katche gosht ki Biryani
For recipe click here


Biryani


Pulao
For recipe click here

Pulao


Mandi
For recipe click  here


Mandi


Qabuli Pulao
For recipe click here


Qabuli Pulao

For my detailed Eid Menu click here

These are the few of my recipes I shared

Eid Snacks
My Snack table
Eid morning starts with Eid prayer at Masjid with my family.

Sharjah Masjid

After that we wish Eid to each other and then comes Eidi time. Every year i make sure to gift something to my children as Eid gift. As for now they have no interest in taking money as Eidi. So we buy some presents for them as Eidi.
Every year we spend first day at home and for second day we plan some exciting outdoor activities.
Last year we went for Desert Safari, which was a thrilling experience. Dune bashing and camel riding was my favorite part. Kids enjoyed the day to the fullest.

Camel



Eid comes every year and leaves many wonderful memories behind. I wish everyone a wonderful day of Eid filled with loads of blessings and happiness. AMEEN





Thank you for Reading…
Do subscribe to my Blog for Upcoming Posts

Sehrish



Sheer Khurma

Comments

  1. I liked the way you presented your eid preparations. This is exactly the same i spend my day.By the way, mouthwatering recipes. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment